Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Back-Open Thread

I've been in D.C. this week and have MUCH to report, but I was so busy that there was no time to post. My in-box is full. Here are my briefs:

  • Cutting the mental health budget just after learning that patients are dying in our mental hospitals is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

  • You will be shocked to learn that Bibb County is considered a "high wealth county" by the state. As a result, 5 mils of our state funds for public schools are redistributed to poor counties like, say, Houston. Shocked? Well, you'll be even more shocked to learn that our failure to complete our property revals doesn't stop the state from deciding our property is worth more than what's on our books. The result? We are actually having to contribute about 7 mils. The impact? We just cut more than 20 teaching positions in a county with summer school classes overflowing as a result of CRCT failure. What a (word I will not use here.)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: