Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brown: Edwards Knows, "Grits is Groceries"

"I treat Georgia as a place I know," said Presidential hopeful John Edwards to a crowd of more than four hundred in rural Dublin, Georgia, "not a place to fly over on your way from New York City to Miami." The crowd roared. That theme-"I am one of you. I get it. I understand because I've lived it"-resonated with the after-church crowd this afternoon. My favorite line of the day didn't come from Sen. Edwards, though, it came from Sen. Robert Brown of Macon who said, "It's time we had a President who doesn't think 'ya'll' is a foreign language and knows grits is groceries."

The Telegraph, has excellent coverage of today's visit, including video. The article is here. Before coming to the Farmer's Market, Edwards stopped by The Blue Plate, a popular restaurant in Dublin, where hundreds had gathered to enjoy the fried chicken, fresh greens and field peas. (The chicken is excellent, and I hear the squash casserole is the very best-lots of butter.) Here's that video, and here is the video of Edwards at the Farmers Market. Below, you will find a few of the pictures I took today:



EDWARDS AT THE FARMERS MARKET, "I TREAT GEORGIA AS A PLACE I KNOW"

LAUREN BENEDICT AND MELITA EASTERS AWAIT SEN.EDWARDS (AND THEIR FRIED CHICKEN) AT THE BLUE PLATE

EDWARDS AT THE MARKET: MORE THAN FOUR HUNDRED PEOPLE GATHERED IN THE WARM GEORGIA SUN


SEN. EDWARDS WITH REP. DUBOSE PORTER: IT MUST BE NICE TO BE WITH THE GUY WHO KNOWS EVERYONE IN THE RESTAURANT!"



SEN. EDWARDS WITH SEN. ROBERT BROWN: EDWARDS IS THE ONE WHO WILL BE "WITH YOU 'TIL THE LAST DOG DIES" SAID BROWN



EDWARDS: "HEALTH CARE SHOULD NOT BE A PRIVILEGE FOR THE PRIVILEGED"



Sphere: Related Content

No comments: