Monday, July 09, 2007

Reichert and Randall Make the GWV Run-off

In the GWV decidedly unscientific poll regarding the Democratic Primary for Mayor of Macon, no one got more than 50% of the vote. So, as promised, here's our "run-off" poll between the two top vote-getters: Robert Reichert (42.9%) and Lance Randall (28.6%):




The other candidates received: Henry Ficklin (18.4%), Thelma Dillard (6.1%) and Anita Ponder (4.2%). For the record, I have endorsed no one in this race, but the poll results do reflect my personal prediction for the outcome next Tuesday. My guess, and that's all it is, is that Reichert will win but will not have enough votes to avoid a runoff, and I predict that the other candidate in the runoff will be Lance Randall, though I would not be shocked it either Henry Ficklin or Anita Ponder were in second place. Good luck to all of you!

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Erick Erickson said...

Amy, I think your poll is right on the money. I've been saying for a while that it would be Reichert and Randall, though Randall might get edged out by Ficklin.

I think if Reichert can't make it without a runoff, he might just be toast.

Amy Morton said...

I agree. My guess is that most people who will vote in a runoff don't read blogs.:) I also think Randall has done a good job of working the churches and public housing, where all residents now are either required or strongly encouraged (I'm not sure which) to register to vote. If there is a runnoff, whoever is most effective at good old fashioned GOTV will end up winning. I'm guessing Randall (if that's the person in the runoff)has more experience with that than Reichert.