Thursday, January 04, 2007

I Have Withdrawn

Three weeks ago, when I finalized my decision to run for Candidate Recruitment Vice-Chair, I did so with full awareness of the time commitment required to do this job, and to do it well. Candidate recruitment really is a full-time job, and one that must begin immediately. Unfortunately, due to illness in the family, recently my circumstances changed unexpectedly, and it is clear that I will not immediately be able to devote my full attention to this extremely important task. I am, therefore, withdrawing my name from consideration for Candidate Recruitment Vice-Chair.

I want to thank all of the people who have been so supportive of my candidacy. I have not yet had an opportunity to call each of you personally because it is important to make this decision public as quickly as possible in order to give others the opportunity to run for this vital position. Therefore, I have sent notice today to the Democratic Party of Georgia withdrawing my intent to run. While I regret that this decision was necessary, I want to assure each of you that it is not a reflection on the Democratic Party of Georgia, an organization or on any of the other candidates for office. I will continue to support the Party and our candidates in every way, as I hope you will. We are at a crossroads, and we need the time, energy and ideas of all in order to accomplish the ultimate mission of the Party- electing more great Democrats in Georgia. I believe that we can and we must accomplish this mission, and to that end, I will continue to work to recruit Democratic candidates for offices at every level of government, and I hope that you will do the same.

Sphere: Related Content

5 comments:

MelGX said...

This is sad news Amy, but completely understandable. Family always comes before politics.

Unknown said...

Yeah, my thoughts, too. Thanks, to both of you. I am sure that things will resolve in a postive way, and do look forward to continuing to work to elect Democrats.

BEZERKO said...

I was bummed that you were dropping out, but I completely understand. I hope you will be at the State Committee meeting, and if so, me and Mrs. Righteous Jackass look foreword to seeing you there!

Brian

Amy Morton said...

I hope to be there, too, and look forward to seeing you. I was bummed, too. Let's hope for good things, for families and the DPG.

Button Gwinnett said...

I'm so sorry Amy. Hate to hear about the family illness. As important as the role that you wanted to do is, you do have your priorities in order. Best of luck to always. You always set such a good example.